The Required Ingredients
This ramen recipe yields 4 servings and is easily customized to different flavor pallets. The ingredients for this recipe are:
- Two 3-ounce packets of instant ramen noodles
- Half a bell pepper – stemmed and chopped
- 1 small carrot – peeled and chopped into thin rounds
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- 3 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 large eggs – beaten
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- A tablespoon of everything bagel seasoning
- Chopped scallions
Preparing the Delicious Dish
Cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions, drain and set them aside. Over medium-high heat, warm a large non-stick skillet and melt the butter in it. Add the carrot and bell pepper, cooking until softened (around 4 minutes). Add the chile flakes and garlic, cooking for a minute until fragrant. Mix in the brown sugar and soy sauce until the sauce bubbles and sugar melts (about 15 seconds). Add the cooked noodles tossing to coat well.
Push the noodles to the sides of the pan and add the eggs to the center. Add salt and pepper, and wait until the edges of the egg look ready to set. Stir until curds form before combining the noodles and eggs.
Customizing the Ramen Flavor
Serve the prepared ramen noodles on plates and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning and chopped scallions. This recipe has many variations to suit different preferences. Try using halved snow peas, halved cherry tomatoes, or any of your favorite veggies in place of the carrot and bell pepper for a different flavor profile!